Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You don't have to be SUPERMOM to be a Super Mom!

You don't have to be "SUPERMOM", to be a super mom!

When I decided to give up my antique businesses I was somewhat nervous.  How would I fill all those moments with my kids?  I considered myself to be fairly crafty but honestly...nowhere near as creative as some of these women.  No short on desire to be a Super Mom but not quite sure how the execution would be perceived. 

A year and a half later and I still have those panic moments, especially in the summer.  What will we do this week?  Three kids, two less than 6 months apart and all three less than 20 months from each other.  7,6, and 5 oh boy!

So you search the web with one single idea in mind and you start to realize that there are a lot of moms out there supporting each other.  I couldn't believe that someone would plan, organize, execute, provide such detail and I could use it as mine!  We all can have those Super Mom days!

Thank goodness for people like Paging Supermom http://www.supermommoments.com/.

The theme came to me when "Bonus Dad" Billy took my son Thomas to the store to buy a gift for a friends birthday.  They came home with what seems to be a new trend in Games.  It's made by Lego and this particular one is called Pirate Plank.

Bingo, there is my theme.  What kid doesn't like pirates?

So, I searched for Pirate theme parties and in no time at all I found a ton of great resources for the week ahead.  I rented Pirates Of The Caribbean 1 and 2.  Bought (end of the season sale) sand buckets with a scoop in two sizes.  After all ...it's cool to eat out of a pail with a shovel!  Blue Kool aid to drink up the seas.  The ultimate battle bucket of water balloons so we can win our war against heat, boredom and possibly pretend we waged our war against the Black Pearl.

I've printed out the templates from my favorite blog and Aye, off we sail A pence for an old man o'de sea?

Listen up sprogs we will make pirate hats, eye patches and play hide and seek the treasure.  Don't be lily-livered, cuz you won't get the keelhaul if your kids don't have as much fun as you do. 

Pirate Day Underway...and all three kids had a great time.

Tom, Lex and Madie on their ship




Cuz Pirates be hungry
Grub is better in a tub

50% less fat than potato chips and this Chex Mix satisfied the crew


Best investment for a $1.00.  Set of Four Pirate teeth


My favorite mom moment  from pirate day was, when we all got soaked filling  the water "bomb" Balloons together.  We were absolutely soaked and it was awesome!


We ended the day with our new Lego Game (Pirate Plank).  You get to put the game together like most  Lego toys and then play a game based on that theme.  Kept their attention for quite a while and they loved the little pirate guys.  They even started making up their own rules.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! What an awesome party!! My kids would love a pirate party;p
    Those are some very creative ideas, and adorable pictures;p

    ReplyDelete